Shared media products’s principle advantage is, unsurprisingly, its directness. Simple. But anyone with business savvy will tell you to never underestimate the power of simplicity. After all, if you have invested time, money and energy into crafting a message for your target audience, then you want to be sure your message reaches that audience. With shared media products, you can be certain that customers are bringing your message right into their homes. So with that in mind, let’s consider some other strategies that will maximize the efficiency of your marketing spend.
1) Know your audience. This is one you’ve heard of before. But the fundamentals are always a great place to start. After all, knowing your audience is the key to making sure your message addresses the specific needs of your customers. It’s vital that you identify who your customers are, what they want, their values and what you have to offer them so that you can differentiate yourself from the competition. With a solid understanding of your customer, you’ll have the information you need to develop a sound marketing strategy.
2) Be precise. Now that you have the right message for your customers, it’s time to make sure that message gets into the right hands. With DRMG’s Precision Targeter, you can target your customers through a free demographic analysis. Select what area you want to focus your campaign on and then specify who in that area you want to target. This strategy means that you only use your resources on customers who are most likely to purchase your product. Precision equals efficiency.
3) Be a part of the community. Tailor your shared media products to your customers and community. Precision targeting saves resources, which you can re-invest in making your mail unique to your customers and community. When a customer reads your mail, they are inviting your business into their home. Be a good neighbour. Introduce your brand’s story and how it relates to the neighbourhood.
Recently some shared media products has included individualised maps. Which show the customer a route from their home to your business. It makes your promotional material more personal and useful. It also makes for a more visually interesting design.
4) Include a call to action. Get a response. Your individualised map is a good start. You’ve made it easy for your customer to visit. Now give them an extra incentive. Special offers encourage customers to interact with your mail by bringing it to your business or carefully cutting out a coupon. This makes your materials more memorable. An added bonus is that it creates a sense of urgency. The time restrictions on your offer mean your customer must visit soon.
5) Use social media. Establishing a strong online presence is crucial to modern marketing. Include information about your social media presence on your flyers. It creates an opportunity to build an ongoing relationship with your customer.
When you follow these five strategies, your shared media products campaign will create an immediate impact on your business by helping you develop lasting and ongoing relationships with your customers.