A goldfish has an attention span of 9 seconds, humans have 8 seconds. That’s it! In this day and age where we want and need to know things instantly, it’s no wonder grabbing a potential customer's attention is becoming more and more of a challenge. So how do you maximize what your customers need to know in such little time? One way to overcome this is including a QR code on your direct mail piece.
Here are 7 reasons why you need one:
- Business Information - All businesses have and need this. It’s your guaranteed way of a customer finding your location (whether brick and mortar, or online) and contacting you. As the seasons and holidays change, you need to be able to update your information as needed. QR codes provide an added benefit of being able to edit at the click of a button!
- Obtaining Customer Data and Tracking - We all want to know more about our customers. The more the merrier, as this is highly invaluable information that can be used to better target your ads and ultimately increase your revenue. One easy scan can lead a customer to a quick form allowing you to capture additional information like scan date, time, and location. Keep it short and simple!
- Coupons and Offers - Depending on the size of your Direct Mail piece, with one scan of a QR code, it can lead customers to a page with multiple coupons or offers. These can be modified as needed; if the promotion is good, extend the life of your direct mail piece, even the use for tracking multiple locations (if applicable). The options are endless!
- Efficient - Further to point three, if a last minute update is required to the offer, promotion or business location, it can be updated instantly which brings ease to many marketers minds as the risk is quite low.
- Call-to-Action - This needs to be beneficial to both parties. The marketer and the customer. Why? It’s simple, both need to see the value in why and what you need a customer to do. It doesn’t need to be extensive, you can guide a customer to a discount code which benefits them as well as your business, or slowly ease and gain trust with a potential customer, having your QR code linked to a form with the goal of it being filled out for further contact and future campaigns.
- Enhance your SEO - By linking the QR code to your blog it would enhance SEO and give customers knowledge about the business/industry!
- Engaging your audience - One of the quickest and easiest ways to create engagement is by offering something to your customer. You can do this by simply telling your customer they will receive a discount, or a coupon code if they are amongst the first to scan. Anyone who scans after that first group of customers will receive a lesser discount, but nonetheless, everyone still receives something!
Above all the reasons why your Direct Mail needs a QR code, it’s quite simple, the pros outweigh the cons making it quick, efficient and valuable for everyone. As the demand for them grows, the market of getting creative on how they visually appear has barely scratched the surface. Next time you run a print campaign, see how far you can test the limits, whether you add colour or just your logo. It’s up to you!